Sunday, July 20, 2014

Shark Attack

       I'm too tired to give an intro.  It's three in the morning and I just want to get this thought down.  This story will be very poorly written, but you'll get the gist of it, hopefully.  This is a true story.  100%.  It happened last year.
      STORY NUMER 12

       It was an overcast August day in 2013.   My brother, sister, three older male cousins, and I prepare to swim across a channel.  The channel is a quarter mile, give or take.  We swam this channel a few times before, so we knew that it was impossible to walk across because the water was around 30 feet deep, we later estimated.  This channel was located in a grove with people paddle boarding.  The general area was Myrtle Beach in South Carolina.  We've seen sharks a few times before on previous trips to Myrtle Beach and ignored them.  Halfway through the channel, my brother asks, "What are the chances of being eaten by a shark?".  My sister tries to comfort him with a simple "Don't worry about it.  It won't happen."  This didn't comfort him or me.  Immediately following this short conversation, a fishing boat on the other side of the channel yells to us.  "What are they saying?" my cousin asks.  None of us knew for sure, but we later found out they were telling us the tide was coming into the channel from the ocean, which was about 200 yards away.  I later looked up that when the tide comes in, the animals caught in the tide come in with it.  Think about that.
     So, we reach the other side.  To our surprise, we see a dead albino shark with its head cut off lying on the sand near the fishing boat.  We shake it off; who cares?  We decide we should head back and dive back in the water.  My sister gets tired and starts doing the backstroke.  After about five strokes, she veers off in the wrong direction, going to the side. We try to inform her so she can go in the correct direction, but she can't hear us because of her head being in the water.  At this point, we are a quarter of the way back.  Suddenly, my parents yell to us to come in.  I've never seen my mother so shaken up.  My first thought is that lightning struck somewhere nearby and she wanted us to get out.  As my brother and I slowly swim through the water, we realize this is more serious.  We see a huge fin sticking out of the water, headed towards my sister.  I dart in that direction, hoping to divert the giant fish from my sister's direction.  When I reach my sister,(alternate, fake ending begins here: I punch the shark in the face, but he managed to bite my foot clean off.  The other sharks in the area are drawn to my blood.  They try to tear me to bits, but I pull out my magic wand from Hogwarts and Sectum Sempra those great whites in the face, saving my sister and myself, and quite likely the world.) (CONTINUE REAL STORY HERE)(TO UNDERSTAND, WE ARE CONTINUING AT "WHEN I REACH MY SISTER"). I grab her arm and pull her closer to the shore.  My parents yell that the shark is behind us.  I hear my sister scream.  She cut her foot on a rock.  Phew.  We finally reach the sand and the shark swims away.  TEAM MIKE:1  BULL SHARK:0

                                                               STAY CLASSY SAN DIEGO

No comments:

Post a Comment