Thursday, November 19, 2015

Barber Shop Round 2: Barber's Revenge

   What is happening?  What is happening?  These are the only words my mind could conjure  as I spectated my golden locks of magical wonder departing from my kiwi-scented scalp.  What is happening?  What is happening? 
  For those of you who may know, I get my haircut at the worst barber shop on Long Island.  Despite the fact that the haircut is the cheapest in the tri-state area, and the fact that I look adorable after, I would NOT recommend this barber shop.  The atmosphere of the place is enough to murder a man.  I always make sure to have some sort of make-shift weapon available in my pocket, just in case a donnybrook breaks out.
   Today, I arrived at the barber shop in the cold and miserable weather (much like the atmosphere in the shop).  My barber was a Russian man who spoke mostly in short phrases .  "Welcome comrade!" As I shook his hand, my nostrils were unpleasantly greeted with the strong scent of alcoholic egg-nog.  Good God.  This is unbelievable! Is he drunk?  How do I get out of this?  His hands began shaking as he slurred his words. 
    Now, every time I visit my barber for a cut (we'll call him ###), he always asks me the same questions. 
1)  How your brother?!- This has some backstory.  ### used to cut my brother's hair, UNTIL my brother decided the haircut "wasn't what he expected" because he "wanted it shorter".  Now, my brother goes to a different barber.  This ultimately leads to ### constantly asking about my brother, as ### greatly prefers him. 
2)  You got girlfriend?!-  This is the worst one.  YEAH!  GO AHEAD AND RUB IT IN, ###!  WE ALL KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT SO JUST SHUT THE **** UP! 
 
By this point, ### has defeated all sense of dignity that I have accumulated to go the barber in the first place.  As made evident, I despise going to the barber shop.  The drunken barbers, competition between my brother and me, and the fact that I am currently single combine to form the perfect storm for sadness.  I am currently working on a product that allows the user to push out his or her hair to the desired length, or retract hair back into the scalp to avoid haircuts.  Stay tuned, and have a good weekend!
didn't come out too shabby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment