Wednesday, October 16, 2013

More embarrassing stories: PRETTY MUCH DEAD ALREADY

            Hello blog readers.  I haven't posted in a few months.  I need to start writing more often.  I had a realization a few days ago.... life has been becoming more and more awkward and embarrassing, which just so happens to mean that you've hit a gold mine. 

STORY NUMBER 3
 
 
         It was a day of mixed weather.  First, rainy.  Then, cloudy.  I had just joined a hiking club.  I was looking forward to chowing down on a power bar and climbing a mountain.  It started out as a pretty standard road trip.  Waking up early, trying to avoid falling asleep on your seat-mate, and telling the rowdy kids to shut up before you smash their face on the bumper of the bus until the airbag deploys.  However, I had no idea what I was in for.
          I check my pockets for my belongings.  Whoops, lost my wallet.  We get to the mountain and begin walking.  Walking?  I thought we were driving...?  No. We are walking.  15 long miles not including elevation.  Yikes.
           On the way up, I trip while trying to catch up to my partner in front of me.  My foot catches on to a loose tree root.  Downsy-wownsy.  Then, as quick as humanly possible, UPSY- DAISY TO THE MAX.  I hop up to my feet to avoid being seen.  Sadly, everybody saw it.  I whip out a Gatorade and gulp down a few ounces.  "Oh, guys! Word to the wise- take little sips at a time to avoid cramps!" yells the leader.  "sips, shmips" I mumble.  I finish the bottle, proving my manliness.
           A few pain filled hours later, we reach the summit.  I immediately fall to my knees and vomit off the cliff.  A few kids ask if I am alright.  I have no answer, so I wink at them slyly, scaring away a few freshman.  To my embarrassment, a few kids had been behind us.  My vomit missed them by a few feet, thankfully. 
          On the way down, Mike trips yet again, this time, almost taking a kid with me.  Another kid falls behind me and brings me down with him. 
           Bruised and bloody, we finally reach the bus.  "There is traffic on the highway.  It'll be around nine hours.  We'll hop of at a Wendy's halfway.  Hope you have money."
 
 
Thoughts...
 
1. Always have money
2. Don't be a hero
3. don't wink
4. don't vomit on squirrels.  (FORGOT TO MENTION)
5. BUY ME A CHOCOLATE FROSTY


No comments:

Post a Comment