Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Accident

               I have always wanted to go laser tagging.  When this story take place, it was before I've ever gone.  I was a whole lot younger.  I was in this club and we all signed up to go laser tagging one Wednesday night.  I signed up on a Friday night for the event the following Wednesday.  On the next day, it was a Saturday.  It was my cousin's first birthday. 
                We were in a hilly region.  I decided that I could ride my unicycle down one of the hills.  Of course, I did.  I am awesome at that stuff.  I can juggle four balls.  Anyway, my brother wanted to try.  While he was doing that, I decided to try riding down on my rip stick, which is basically a two-wheeled skateboard.  '
                  I have very good balance, as I'm sure you have pieced together by now.  However, on the way down, I realized I was gaining an enormous amount of speed.  Seriously, I was booking it.  I quickly realize that I cannot break.  If I continue riding straight, I choose a main road with traffic(death).  I can make a left, but I see a pothole.  If I go there, I choose being flung 20 feet(death).  My other option is jumping it(also maybe death).  I go for the jump.  That's all I remember until...
                  "Ouch..." I mumble as I am stabbed with an I-V needle.  I am in the emergency room.  They are moving me from one test to another.  I have a cone on my neck in case one of my tests came back positive.  As they roll me, I look into the mirrors on the corner ceiling of each hallway. 
                  Yikes...  That'll leave a mark...  My right side of my face is the size of a watermelon, bruised, swollen, and bloody.  My tests eventually all come back as best as they could for my accident.  The only problems was a solid amount of blood loss and a concussion. 
                  As normal procedure, the nurses ask me questions about the year, date, et cetera, because of my head injury.  "What date is it, Michael?" a nurse asks with a pen and clipboard.  "July 4th, 1776." I say.  "Freedom....." I add, barely audible. 
                 The nurse looks at my mother.  "Nah, I'm just messing.  It's October 15th." I say.  My mom looks relieved.  "Good.  Anyway, you cannot go to school this week.  You have to stay home and play video games.  I don't want you doing any sort of mental thinking other than killing zombies, or whatever you kids do these days." she says.  "Is shooting other people with lasers in real life sufficient?" I ask, still hoping for laser tag.  The nurse simply chuckles and leaves.
                Damn.  


EPILOGUE

2 years later,  I went laser tagging.  I accidently hit a small child in the face with my gun.  K/O?

No comments:

Post a Comment